Monday, July 21, 2014

Thoughtful Quote of the Week: Courtesy of Kenny G

I've always been inspired by different quotes and sayings. I've decided to share one of the quotes I come across each week and what thoughts these quotes derive. This writing exercise is simply a chance for me to share thoughts and ideas as well as motivate others to think about things in life.

"Maybe the biggest thing that I've learned musically is that anything is possible. Things can work when maybe they don't seem like they can."
- Kenny G
 
Musician Kenny G is talking about music possibilities in this quote, but one can apply his thinking to almost any situation. The optimism of believing in the impossible being possible is a lost art where many believe if something seems impossible, they don't bother trying. Some examples I think of are Stevie Wonder, Muggsy Bogues, Hoosiers, and Jim Abbott.

If you are unfamiliar with these people/things, read up on them. They are all intriguing stories of what many would call the impossible becoming a real possibility and a successful one at that. Surprises are something everyone loves in some way. Whether it's the surprise of winning the lotto or a birthday party. Keeping the faith in something good occurring should always be in the back of our minds and I want to remind everyone that even the impossible is potentially possible. I've certainly learned this lesson over the years as I've had my share of surprises. Most recently was picking the NCAA tournament bracket winner correctly when I chose UCONN to win it all. My brother called me crazy, but guess what...IT HAPPENED!
 
Please share your thoughts and thank you for tuning in! (See what I did there..."tuning in" and a Kenny G quote?)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment