Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My review of Karin Slaughter's "Fractured"

Karin Slaughter's Fractured  Review: 

The first thing that stood out to me about Slaughter's writing is the incredible detail and description she provides along side all the tension she builds up between characters. I almost envy the quality description because it provides a perfect image of the entire scene throughout the novel.

There was obvious tension built when Paul kept calling Will "Trashcan" and there was implied tension when Will had to cram his body into Faith's Mini. I loved hearing all the different perspectives, from the Campanos to Faith to Will all struggling with different issues. The only reason I gave this 4 out of 5 stars is that I felt the wrap up dragged on quite a bit and was excessively detailed. This is simply a style preference. Once I knew the killer and they found Emma, I was like OK, cool on to the next story, but Slaughter kept going and going. I recommend this to all my friends who enjoy thrillers which are engrossed with fantastic story-telling and suspense.

No comments:

Post a Comment