Thursday, June 6, 2013

What is Your Favorite Movie? Impossible!

When someone asks me this question, I usually have my go-to answer of Robin Hood: Men In Tights, a classic parody by Mel Brooks that cracks me up every time I watch it.  Sure, I could go with something less original like Billy Madison, Cool Runnings, Wedding Crashers, or Step Brothers, but where is the fun in that?

Often times, I am not in the funny mood and might need to consider a movie that is more serious or thought provoking.  Well, there isn't a limit on options there:  Shawshank Redemption, Shooter, Defiance, Dark Knight, and Good Will Hunting are all movies I will watch over and over and over again and each time I find them more fascinating.  Plus, I'm a big sports fan so Hoosiers and Coach Carter are part of my favorites as well.

Is there anything to this?  Do we have to have a favorite movie or can we go with the mood or list a couple? I can make an argument for any of the mentioned movies to be a favorite.  I'm not going to do that though, I'm going to just tell you about the three I would make my favorites:

Robin Hood: Men In Tights -  The Mel Brooks parody of the infamous Robin Hood story has been a feature film in my repertoire for almost 20 years.  The go-to for a good laugh and one that I don't need to watch to enjoy.  Simply sitting around quoting the movie would make me laugh, it's that well ingrained in my brain.

Billy Madison - Who doesn't love Adam Sandler's hilarious antics as one of his greatest characters, Billy Madison.  It's cool to pee your pants!

Cool Runnings - Feel the Rhythm, Feel the Rhyme, Get on up, It's bobsled time!

Duh, these are all classic comedies and I prefer a comedy over something serious most of the time.

What do you think?  Since this is just my opinion and I'm sharing it today, feel free to dispute it.

No comments:

Post a Comment